Hello again, yes I know it’s been a while since I have blogged about something I’ve sewn. Sorry about that, been kinda busy lately, but today I finally have some thing to show you guys. Remember when I made the “adult” capes a few blogs back, well..a friend of mine asked me to make her four boys superhero cape’s for Christmas.
This project was fun, well, after I did all the math and drew out a pattern. You see, the “adult” capes I made were super simple. Basically, they were just two yards of fabric, double hemmed, and had a drawstring closure. Where as these capes have a velcro closure and taper down on the sides. Of corse, after I finally figured out how I was going to make these, it was a breeze. They are made of red taffeta, in which I’ve never worked with that type of fabric before. It’s a bit slippery, but over all it’s not to difficult to work with.
Well enough of my rambling, here are the pictures of the capes, hope you enjoy.
And Happy BELATED Thanksgiving!